Harnessing the power of the moon is powerful. You can do this by setting your intentions and doing moon rituals to amplify your desires to the universe.
The moon has eight phases and each phase emits forces that you can use to your advantage.
Your commitment to manifesting with the moon in all of its phases will make a huge impact on your life and it will let you live more in sync with your natural environment.
One thing that you need to keep in mind, though, is that the moon does carry magic 🎩, but the manifestation is a process. Results don’t come to you overnight and you must learn how to trust the timing of the universe.
Now that we have that out of the way, you need to learn how to connect with the moon. One of the best ways to connect with the moon is with a moon ritual.
A Moon Ritual
Moon rituals have been around for centuries. The ritual is an ancient and sacred practice in various countries all over the world such as Egypt, India, and China.
The phases of the moon also have a significant influence on the growth and decline of crops, animals, and human life. Therefore, basking under the light of the moon was considered sacred and necessary.
Today, moon ritual remains sacred but it has adapted to our modern way of life.
There are a lot of moon rituals today depending on the moon phase — specifically the most potent ones: new moon and full moon.
However, it’s essential that you understand how to manifest through each moon phase:
- New moon – this is when the sun and moon are in alignment and it symbolizes new seeds. Therefore, the new moon is the perfect time to manifest new beginnings and positive changes.
- Waxing crescent moon – this moon cycle asks you to focus on one thing that you want to come into life during the lunar cycle. A waxing moon follows the new moon.
- Waxing quarter moon – this is when the sun and the moon square each other that allows people to see issues that have arisen since the new moon. It’s the perfect time to look at the challenges that you face and decide on how you want to proceed.
- Waxing gibbous moon – during this moon cycle, you’ll likely feel a jolt of high energy. It provides perspective and this is when you’ll feel that things are finally falling into place.
- Full moon – full moons are nourishing and it has a strong gravitational pull on Earth 🌍, which makes it an ideal time to allow creative energies to flow.
- Waning gibbous moon – following the full moon phase, this is the time when you should reflect on the things that are blocking you from getting what you want.
- Waning quarter moon – this is a signal to go within and do internal work. Allow yourself to commit to yourself during the moon phase.
- Waning crescent moon – this is the final phase of the entire moon cycle and it takes place before the new moon. This is the time to reflect on the whole lunar cycle that has come to pass.
Full & New Moon Ritual
As mentioned, it’s more important to conduct rituals during the most potent times of the moon phase. Here is a quick full moon ritual that you can do at home: 🏡
- Create a sacred space. You can use candles, sage, crystals, etc. for this.
- If it’s possible, you can do the ritual under the moon.
- Ground yourself. Feel the earth under your feet. Take deep breaths and shake out the tension in your body.
- Write down what you want to release in your life.
- Place the paper in a bowl and declare what you’re releasing.
- Light a candle and let yourself feel the transfer of what you’re releasing to the candle.
Make sure to let the candle 🕯 burn in the bowl as a symbol of the letting go process.
For a new moon ritual, instead of writing down the things that you want to let go of, you will write down your desires and keep the piece of paper with you. Some would also burn it.
Commit to at least one moon phase ritual every month and see how it works for you.
Harness the power of the moon and trust in its magic. ✨