You are aware of the four elements: fire, water, earth, and air.
These elements are believed to make up our world and rightfully so, these elements say a lot about our personalities and our lives.
Think about this:
The fire from the sun keeps us warm. The water sustains life here on earth. The air let us breathe. While the earth supports us.
In witchcraft, these elements are attached to distinct qualities.
- Fire – the element of fire is said to bring in qualities of passion, courage, activity, impulsiveness, creativity, and impatience.
- Air – the element of air brings with it the qualities of intellect, communication, inventive, inquisitive, and flighty.
- Water – the element of water brings for qualities of love, emotions, artistic, and empathy.
- Earth – the element of the earth brings along qualities of practicality, steadiness, materialism, and groundedness.
In Astrology, the 12 zodiac signs are ruled by the elements.
- Fire – Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
- Earth – Taurus, Capricorn, Virgo
- Water – Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio
- Air – Gemini, Aquarius, Libra
As you can see, the four elements are so powerful. Now, imagine using it for your spells to manifest your desires.
Using the Elements for Your Spells
Elements are essential to any magic work. When they are used in spells, they act as boosters to your intentions.
However, you can’t just use any element. You have to choose the right one for your spell. Based on the information mentioned above, those are the qualities of each element that can help you choose the right spell.
On the other hand, it will also come in handy if you know how to control these elements. When I say “control,” it means having self-control and balance in your life.
If you want to control the element of fire, you don’t have to literally start burning things and creating flames. Instead, fire is associated with passion, temper, etc. To control this element, you have to be mindful of your passions and how you channel them. Also, you have to control your temper. The best way to control this element is knowing how to express fiery emotions in creative ways.
The element of earth represents the quality of being grounded, steadfast, practical, etc. To have control over this element, you have to make an effort to be more practical in life. Do things that should be done in your life. Be grounded and steady.
Instead of letting your emotions flow like water does, control the element of water by mastering your emotions. Be more compassionate. Try not to let your emotions run your life. Listen and be more in touch with your intuition.
To control the element of air, you have to be mindful of what comes out of your mouth. Learn to express your thoughts and emotions more effectively. Don’t give in to your negativities. Instead, apply your knowledge to your life.
Learning how to control these elemental energies will help you in spellcasting. It will also help you find elemental balance.
Manifest Love Into Your Life
Now, it’s time to learn how to use spells with the elements. If you want love to come into your life, you’re going to need to use the element that creates passion and that’s fire.
It can be so easy to focus your mind on a specific person when doing this spell. However, this is not how it works. Instead, I want you to focus on how the love that you want will make you feel.
Things you need:
- Garnet crystal
- Red/orange cloth to wear
- 2 red candles
- Grab a piece of paper. Write down what you want to feel when the kind of love that you want arrives. To help you out, start your sentences with “I feel…”
- Light the candles and hold your crystal.
- Read out what you’ve written and feel the energy coming from the crystal. Infuse that energy with passion.
- Push the two candles together and cast the spell, “As I express my intention for love with the element of fire onto the universe, so must it be. Let it harm none.”
- Let your candles burn out safely.
Manifest New Beginnings & Healing Into Your Life
If you want to heal certain parts in your life or you just want new beginnings, then it’s best that you work with the element of water for spellcasting.
Water comes straight from the earth, it can begin life and even end it. It heals, cleanses, and it can also allow us to take a peek into the psychic realm. It is purifying and emotional.
Things you need:
All you need is to simply be near water or a body of water
- Turn to the water – even if it’s just in a glass, just turn to it.
- Feel the water flowing in your body. Focus on the water inside of you. Imagine being filled with water.
- Now, focus on your feelings when you’re finally healed or when you finally get the new beginning that you want.
- Cast the spell, “Here and now, I evoke the force of water, I seek the pure within that I might drink deep of change, relationship, nourishment, and grace. I call you forth to wash away all that needlessly binds and to fluidly in this world. Water, I call thee hence.”
If you want to clear your mind or you simply want to gain clarity about a particular subject, then you’re going to need to work with the element of air.
Things you need:
- Yellow candle
- Clear quartz crystal
- A bunch of leaves or a feather
- Yellow or white cloth
- Write down the emotions that you will feel when you gain the clarity that you want.
- Light your candle, pick up your crystal and read what you’ve written down as many times as you want.
- Feel the energy of the air around you.
- Put down your crystal, pick up the leaves, and hold them against your forehead.
- Cast the spell, “As I say my intention for clarity with the element of air onto the universe, so must it be. Let it harm none.”
Who doesn’t want more abundance and money in their lives? We all do. To cast a spell to manifest these in your life, you’re going to need to work with the element of earth.
Things you need:
- Any crystal
- 1 green candle
- A pebble
- Write down your feelings when you get the abundance that you want in your life.
- Light your candle, pick up your crystal and read out what you’ve written down out loud as many times as you want.
- Feel the flow of abundant energy.
- Put your crystal down and pick up your pebble. Cast the spell, “As I say my intention for abundance with the element of earth onto the universe, so must it be. Let it harm none.”
Now, these are simple spells that you can modify on your own. What matters here is that you feel the flow of the elements and you get in touch with your feelings when you finally get what you want.
If you want to get more ideas about other spells that can help you with your manifestation, you can check out Simply Mystic Miracles and make more magic in your life!