This is a strange time, and it’s normal to feel some sadness and frustration around the deprivation of things we love – being outside, hugging our family, meeting up with friends in a bar or restaurant.
A sense of grief is totally normal at the moment. Fear is a temporary feeling. But if we hold onto fear for too long, it can be harmful to us. Not only will it weaken our immune system but it can also lower our vibrational frequency.
I believe that acting in each present moment to conquer fear is a possibility. We all have the ability to alter our stories whenever we choose. It is possible to remove fear by simply bringing ourselves into the present moment.
Meditation is, of course, an excellent way to gain a sense of present moment awareness, but you can also do small mindful things every day to become fully present.
Bring your awareness to your present moment. Feel your feet on the ground, take some deep breaths, and just notice what is around you, every sound, every movement, every detail.
This is a great practice to get into when fear enters your mind.
I’ve created my very own fear-busting ritual during this quarantine and I want to share it with you.
First, I use essential oil to clear away negative energies, then I burn the oil in a diffuser or I sprinkle some drops over myself. I repeat my favorite fear- busting affirmations and I sit in the present moment until I feel ready to fearlessly start the day.
Let me take you through my ritual step by step.
STEP ONE: Choose from the following essential oils
- Lavender: Soothing and calming, helps clear away all negativity from your space.
- Rose: An oil with a very high vibrational frequency to boost your mood.
- Frankincense: A purifying oil for dissolving negative influences from your physical body, space and aura.
- Sage: An oil that neutralizes existing negativity and can act as a protective shield against fear and anxiety.
- Peppermint: Cleanses and clears tension and negativity while also relaxing you and increasing concentration and mental focus.
- Cedarwood: Boosts your inner strength and spirituality, helpful in warding off negative energies.
- Myrrh: Can purify your environment and when mixed with other oil essences, can increase their power.
STEP TWO: Next, choose from these affirmations, or create your own
- Today is a new day and I am not afraid.
- My fear is not real.
- When I am fully present, my fear disappears.
- When I am fully engaged in each task, there is no fear.
- I am not afraid of the future.
- I am not attached to imaginary fear.
- I refuse to be controlled by an imaginary fear.
- I see so much beauty in the world.
- I feel positive thoughts most of the time.
- There are wonderful things happening in my life.
- I am so grateful for my abundance.
- I am full of positive energy and light.
- Today I have no fear.
- I am writing a new story without fear.
- I trust in myself and have faith
- I connect to my soul and I am never afraid.
STEP THREE: Now, With your chosen essential oil, and your list of affirmations, sit somewhere quiet and peaceful.
- Repeat your affirmations slowly to yourself, five times each.
- Sit quietly for several minutes and feel the power of each affirmation.
The energy of your positive words and the potent aromas of the essential oil are powerful ways to begin the day.
I do this every morning and it helps me to feel grounded and stay connected all day long.
This ritual will make you feel energized and ready to take on anything that comes your way.
Fear is not yours to hold onto, so release it. Set it free. Don’t let it rule your life. Fear does not have to come anywhere near you or your life if you don’t want it to.